Do you excel at leading website/web application development projects and mentoring other developers? Do you enjoy defining and implementing development strategies and requirements? Can you take a product vision or strategic concept and make it real? Do you want to work in an environment where your expertise is respected and valued, and makes a significant contribution to a growing business? If this is what you are looking for in a career, MCG Strategic wants to hear from you!
MCG Strategic is seeking a Development Team Lead to join our rapidly growing team. You will have the opportunity to work on various types of projects for our diverse group of clients. Ideal candidates must show proficiency in the latest development technologies, possess a desire to learn new technologies, and demonstrate a dedication to producing work of exceptional quality and performance while meeting established deadlines. You will work with a small, passionate, and highly experienced team, where your opinion and expertise matters.
- Act as lead developer on website and application projects
- Mentor junior and intermediate-level developers
- Lead dev team code reviews and recommend improvements and processes
- Manage project deployments
- Write detailed technical project specifications
- Establish and/or implement efficient development processes
- Perform DevOps tasks in development, staging and production environments
- Maintain hosting servers and manage server security
- Work with creative team and UI/UX designers and recommend technical solutions to proposed ideas
- Work with Operations and Project Management to produce projects on-time and on-budget
- Report to Technology Director and/or ownership and recommend improvements and approaches to improve efficiency and grow MCG Strategic’s capabilities/offerings
- Act as the technical expert during the project lifecycle and interface with clients and client IT (as necessary)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, MIS, or other relevant degree) or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years Proven Professional Experience
- Expertise in developing websites and application with various technologies (CMS, reactive UI’s, etc.)
- Expertise in HTML/CSS
- Expertise implementing content management for websites
- Demonstrated ability to develop and consume REST API's
- Proficiency with NodeJS
- Proficiency in relational and NoSQL/document-based database design (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
- Proficiency with Git and Jira
- Experience with open-source Content Management Systems (WordPress, Concrete5)
- Proficiency Managing and Configuring Web Servers (Apache/NGINX)
- Experience configuring containers
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarity with Go (Golang)
MCG Strategic offers competitive salaries, a retirement plan, healthcare, access to supplemental benefits plans, vacation and paid time off.
About MCG Strategic:
MCG Strategic is a creative brand technology agency formed with the goal of providing strategic, world-class creative and technology-driven solutions for clients striving to grow and evolve their businesses. MCG Strategic has produced work for regional, national, and global businesses in a variety of industries; from technology, B2B and financial to healthcare, education, and retail.
It is MCG Strategic’s practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For consideration, please submit your resume along with links to your portfolio to email@example.com.